Sunday, June 20, 2010

I Love Daddy!


Eva has commissioned me to ghost write a Father’s Day blog post for her. She would have written this herself, but you know how busy she gets this time of year.

If Eva could write she would tell you about how good her Daddy is at making her laugh. How he also is good at calming her down when something scares her. She also might tell you that she finds his chest hair fascinating.

What she wouldn’t tell you, because she probably doesn’t realize it now, and maybe never will, is how much he sacrifices to care for her. How he wakes up early everyday to change her diaper and put her down for her nap. How he stays up late to give medicine to her. How he spends all his “free” time taking care of her.

This father’s day leaves me grateful that Eva has a father that loves her so much and strives to do his best for her. Adam is seriously the engine that keeps this home running. Seriously. Because of him, we stay afloat and I stay sane. I could not do this without him.

I am also grateful that Eva has a father whose character I would be proud for her to emulate. I am grateful she has a father who will challenge her daily to really see the world around her, to seek God, and to love others.

Happy Father’s Day. I love you, babe.
P.S. Photo is of Eva after being fed blueberries by Daddy.

No comments:

Post a Comment